miRacLe: Footnotes
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
/*501x282*/

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Footnotes

i cried because i have no shoes till i saw a man with no feet.
- anonymous -

shoes. why do i keep finding shoes that fit me so perfectly? perfect is an understatement if you have been spotting them like i do. that divine, beautifully sewn pair of stilettos, and espadrilles. ballerina flats and wedges. my tiny pretty feet are meant for such godsend miracles. the greatest, elysian creation of mankind. shoot me please.

that day i strolled past the rows and rows of window displays downtown. enough! i whispered to myself. no more shopping! damn that miscreant who made such heavenly invention. and just as i was trying to pry my eyes off the windows display of heavenly creation of all the clothes and bags, my intelligent eyes caught sight of the most breathtaking, the minx-iest, the sexiest pair of heels that could ever be allowed in a ballroom.

i was twirling round the spacious shop, sauntering up and down in front of the mirror like Gisele Bündchen. i sworn i didn't just float above ground level, i was soaring to the sky. that perfect green patented carved shiny leather that casted off a lovely glow under the lights. a perfect match with my chiffon emerald ruched blouse. it was a match made in heaven. i sworn even my legs looked longer than usual. oh, i can't breathe.

"They look stunning on you." The sales assistant was praising, taking in with her trained eye of how i was dancing to the world like a ballerina on novocaine.

"Never seen anyone who can fit them so perfectly." Dollar signs in her eyes. "Shall i pack them for you?" More dollar signs appeared.

two hundreds blood robbing dollars. my elation faded and i was dropped from the sky. darn, why did she has to make me feel so short again?

"Nope. perhaps another day." i told her.

the glitter faded from her eyes as she packed them devotedly back into the boxes.

my new year resolution for 2007. i will own a pair of jimmy choos even if i have to sell both my kidneys.

(off to rob bank. back in 3 days.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Current Terror Alert Level
Terror Alert Level

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Success is a lousy teacher.
It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose.
Bill Gates

It's not that I'm so smart
it's just that I stay with problems longer.
Albert Einstein

Don't take life seriously
because you can't come out of it alive.
Warren Miller
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Image hosted by Photobucket.com